Thursday, June 12, 2014

Done With Tomorrow:

i made it back!  i'm not the tech-est savy link in the bloggosphere chain!  In fact, i have some issues with google who doesn't seem to understand me and i haven't  quite figured out how to make my page all cute and adorable.  Maybe amy can help me with that right after her sewing lesson!

so about this title, "Done With Tomorrow"  here's the deal on that...
(Jenny Criggler Bowers, I am so sorry about my grammar & punctuation. I know it's breaking your heart.  maybe you can use me as a bad example to all your ICC students!)  anyways, my girls small group is responsible for my being here, along with Jennie Allen and her blasted Restless study.  i open my fat mouth about wanting to write/ blog and well, here we are.  they made me.  i love them.

you remember Little Orphan Annie and her song about tomorrow? how it's always a day away? and the old saying that tomorrow never comes?  and then there's the best representation of all things Southern, Miss Scarlet and her "I'll worry about that tomarra!" (please read with your best Georgian accent)  I have often adopted that same philosophy.  lose weight? tomorrow.  write in my prayer journal.  tomorrow.  clean out my car.  tomorrow.  check on a friend.  tomorrow.  feed the homeless.  tomorrow.  write a blog...you get it.   Well, as of yesterday, I am DONE with tomorrow.  There's no hope there.  no promise.  what's wrong with today? right now? 

okay there is a place for tomorrow.  Josh 3:17 says   “Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you.” And then there's this little gem hidden in I Chronicles 20:17, "You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you.... Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you."  That's the good kind of tomorrow. 

But this never getting around to it, wishing i had, wondering what could have been, what if...that's what i'm done with.  Those tomorrows. i'm all about let's do it! so i did.  wull, the blogging part anyways.  please don't make me feed the homeless or clean out my car today.


Amy, this is for you.  i only wish i had a real video of my POG singing career!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCddCbZShaU  turnt up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment