Tuesday, August 26, 2014

SEVEN: Waste Week

Okay, so I’m not exactly a tree hugger.  Littering makes me a little mad—especially the coors lite cans thrown into my yard.   I’ve always seen the whole “green” thing  as a liberal democrat issue because it seems to me that many of the folks who are so outraged by an endangered species often care little about unborn babies being killed.  So… that makes me have to be against them on everything…right???

And for real, what difference does it make which bin I throw my water bottles into?  Am I not just wasting water by having to wash dishes and cloth napkins? And honestly, how do we even know what really happens to the stuff in the green bin I put out every other Wednesday—does it really get recycled or does it get tossed into the same dumpster my trash went in on Tuesday?  Does God even care how much paper I waste or what kind of gas I use?

“The earth is defiled by its people.”  Isaiah 24:5

“They have harps and lyres at their banquets, tambourines and flutes and wine, but they have no regard for the deeds of the Lord, no respect for the work of his hands.”  Isaiah 5:12

 “Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one and calls forth each of them by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing.”  Isaiah 40:26

I get the idea God likes his earth pretty much. 

When I give a gift to someone--especially a treasured gift-- it makes me sad if it’s not taken care of.

So.  I’m gonna try to do better.  Recycle.  Use less.  Save more. 

·         Taking my lunch to work makes me use less gas (not to mention saves me $$ on junk I don’t need anyway)

·         Using  dishes instead of paper –well, it’s just nicer anyway

·         Tea (and in 16 days COFFEE YAY) just tastes better in my pretty yellow mug than in a Styrofoam cup that will not disintegrate until starwars

·         I will have homegrown sage for my thanksgiving dressing!!

creative lunch packing! Tuna in a jelly jar.  Crackers wrapped in the napkin :)

My daddy grew sage and dried it for me.  He would be proud!

Office Recycling (i get weird looks)

1 comment:

  1. We are finally on the same week at the same time! Oh i love those ideas. You are doing so great and I'm lacking right now... thank you for the tips. And scripture to encourage.

    ReplyDelete