Friday, August 22, 2014

SEVEN: Media week


No:
facebook
Instagram
Twitter
* tv
Iphone aps
Internet (except for work)
Frivolous texting
Radio
Stupid games
*Since my husband was not participating, I will admit that the TV was on some when he was home.  But he mostly watches movies we’ve seen 723 times-Bourne, James Bond, the patriot, etc. I didn’t think that even counted.

I didn’t die.  Even though I had 32 notifications, I really don’t think anyone missed me! Seems everyone just wants me to play candy crush saga
 
What I did
     ·         Re-vamped my budget-went through every expenditure for July and August, seeing where  the money is high tailing it off to.  (Spending week is right around the corner)
     ·         Cleaned out the laundry room, making room for Terry's wonderful canned goods!
     ·         Read some books (started Interrupted and it scares me! Am I honestly ready for God to interrupt my comfy cozy life??? )

 
 







What I missed
      ·         Music in my car! (But the worship time at church this past sunday was so awesome!)
      ·         Emma videos on insta (but looks like she didn’t post much!)
      ·         Reading blogs












What I learned

      ·         I don’t want to be a slave to media-I want to actually be with the people I’m with

      ·         This question:  “How much time do you spend absorbing biblical truth compared to absorbing media?”  oh just stop it!! Why can’t you just make me feel warm and fuzzy!

      ·          “The dangerous part of our social media and technologically saturated world is not its existence, but what it distracts us from.”  Brandon Hatmaker (Jen’s husband)

      ·         I must recondition myself not to feel compelled-pressured-to immediately reply to every text, email, and FB message

      ·         FB can be a breeding ground for gossip. (get outa town! Really???)  I read a vague post and my mind goes nuts.  I have permission to unfriend toxicity.

 
In other news: I miss you, Coffee. Only 20 more days until we’re singing, “reunited and it feels so good!!”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment